Monday, August 25, 2008

Hey, you’ve disappeared on me again.
It’s getting hard to tell people we’re friends.
I’ve said it, said it all before.
I don’t love you less,
I miss you more,
But I don’t enjoy trying to pretend
That I wouldn’t love to see this play end.
Or, write a new act and start again
‘Cause it seems you’ve disappeared on me again.

It’s been so long since you’ve walked down this lane.
You may not notice that I haven’t changed.
Has it been days, months, a year?
I gave you my heart,
Wiped up your tears,
Now cobwebs hang in the frame.
Sunny skies or rain, it’s all the same.
I’m gathering dust with the window pane
‘Cause it’s been so long since you’ve walked down this lane.

I really wish I could get this off my chest.
We both know in the end it’s for the best.
Are you afraid, scared to try?
To make the effort?
To let yourself cry?
You know, at first it’ll be a mess
With so much to share, to say, to confess.
But, it’s worth it – our friendship is blessed.
I really wish I could get this off my chest.