Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Everyday is an Every Day

Everyday is an Every Day


I spent an hour on the trampoline because I think I’m getting fat
A little bit of hopping will take care of that

I made an appointment at the salon because I think I saw some grey
Burnt Amber for 20 minutes can make that go away

I used the silver clippers when my fingernail snagged the rug
That rip made for a lot of pain but I could only shrug

I added less seasoning after they said it wasn’t good
It tasted fine to me, but I changed it as best as I could

I picked up all the clutter so I could find the dirt
Vacuuming three times a week, but still I’m no expert

I brushed my teeth at ten o’clock and tried to catch your eye
But my lids fell so heavily, I may have looked too shy

Here I am on my side, knees up near my chest
I drift and let loose the sense that I am such a mess

The doors are locked, the dishes drying, the crayons stowed away
Tomorrow’s aches already crying, everyday is an every day